The Quiet One

Sunday, February 11, 2007








So I haven't checked the blogs in awhile (and lest you think me a slacker I seriously have no time to do anything outside the realm of necessities in this (hopefully temporary) phase of my life). But after missing out on discussions of such things as the love of butter and snake poop, reading birthday messages that made you cry because we just love each other so much, dang it, and seeing the coolest pictures of Bride ever (a copy of the snow angel, please!), I was back in. The final frustrating straw was the fact that all the comments I wanted to make were futile, seeing as everyone had moved on about a month ago.

Boring kid updates: This picture is from Jack's 100th day celebration at school. He loves school and is freaking out right now because I can't find his 1st grade sight words and he wants to move on to 2nd grade a.s.a.p. Another cause for his panic attacks: not watching a Book of Mormon movie on Sunday. Last week we were travelling home from Sacramento so he didn't get to watch one. Not happy. He loves the gospel even if he's a little confused at times: he told me when he's 14, he'll go to the woods to pray and God will tell him, "None." (As in the answer to which church he should join. We're working on clearing that up.)

You might say Cole also has butter in his eyes. Obviously a Lunn, I found this butter dish empty save for the giant spoon Cole used to eat the half stick of butter that was in there. (The evidence is on his face.) The next picture is his idea of the appropriate amount of butter on his toast (he subsequently ate the butter, left the toast.) Besides consuming large quantities of fat, Cole enjoys calling whatever he can dumb (I don like dat. Dat's dumb.) and when he gets mad at us, yelling, "You poo poo!" Nice.

Emma enjoys saying, "bababababa," all day so that she sounds like the comatose Goldie Hawn in Overboard. We try to refrain from throwing things at her, though.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    I am at work right now and I am dying laughing! There is one other guy here that is LDS - I can't wait to tell him Jack's story!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    I love the Taylors. That was a great post. I feel like I have to mention the church DVD's as well because they've really helped Isabel learn about Jesus---she's always talking about Him. It's great. BTW, purple is Emma's color.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Okay, purple is GREAT on her. She is a very very pretty baby. Pretty.

    I seem to recall a similar Book of Mormon story, only Kelly was the one (at about age 6) telling her mother a wild tale about her plan to dig up some brass plates out of a hill . . .

    um, Cole's name calling made me roar.

    Thanks for helping us to catch up. That was awesome.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Bride said…

    i hate it because i feel like there is just so much i want to say! i love talking.

    ok its late here (i cant sleep)so i had to muffle my laughter several times.
    poop is funny all the time. and i swear i can hear jack telling you his plan. and missa's PS i was like dying so simple yet profound! oh man we're sick.

    i once again am going to express my concern for my future children-could they possibly reach the gorgeousness of all of my 11 babies?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home