The Quiet One

Sunday, August 06, 2006






On Thursday we went to Pismo Beach for a night (you might be familiar with Pismo because of Cher's efforts in Clueless to support the Pismo Beach disaster fund). The boys had a lot of fun, although on the trip there Jack needed a fair amount of reassurance that there would be no sharks in the ocean. We adamantly assured him that the sharks would be nowhere near where we would be swimming. Unfortunately, we then had a challenge hiding the SHARK SIGHTED HERE - SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK sign posted at the beach, complete with a picture of a shark for the young and illiterate (we weren't swimming that day, so we figured we were safe).

Cole was COVERED in sand and probably ate the equivilant of a bucketful. He's got a serious drool problem and the wet line down his belly turned into a line of mud. He loved it.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    I love Cole's drool dirt.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger sacramentostakeclerk said…

    Matthew has a book of alernate, silly lyrics that you put to traditional tunes.

    One of my favorites is "He's Got the Whole Beach in His Pants" sung to the tune of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"--about a little brother who basically takes the beach home in his diaper.

    One of the lines reads, "He's the reason they say the coast is clear."

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Oh---I wish we had a beach close by. It looks like you guys had so much fun.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Patti said…

    I'm at the beach ... every day I see a parent dragging a screaming kid down to the water. I wonder what the odds are you get to the beach and there's a sign advertising shark sightings! Funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home